Final Task Production Blog: Finally Done Filming!

Once we arrived at the library to film we encountered our first major obstacle. The library where most of our scenes had revolved around was closed. This meant that we had to rework where we could shoot these scenes. We still wanted our sequence to appear like the scene change was at the library. I filmed a wide shot of me walking in front of a sign that said library. I also made a mental note that I wanted to use that shot for a title card when I would begin editing. We also got a couple of establishing shots of the library to use. But, we still needed the shots of us inside the library. Luckily, there was a Barnes and Noble not to far from us, so we were able to walk there. It was pretty busy that day, but we persisted so that we could get the scenes that we wanted. After waiting for a couple of seats to clear up we found a spot to film at. When I chose where in the store to film, I kept in mind that it needed to be farther from other shoppers so that we wouldn't get background noise. I also made sure that it had a table nearby for us to place our props on. We had to be conscious of not bothering other people shopping or reading there when filming. I also had to be aware of how loud I was being with my voice, since I needed to be loud enough for my voice to be heard on camera but not to loud to disturb other people. Once my group member and I found that happy medium of talking, we were very productive with filming. The book selection there also allowed us to pick out the perfect textbook props that matched our character's dialogue. Because it was indoors, this meant that the lighting was pretty good and even. The only time when we had to hold a light was when I was in an over the shoulder shot with the textbook. When filming this I had to make sure that I was blocking the camera just enough to give it that over the shoulder feel.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Video

Commercial Blog