Final Task Editing Blog: The Park Scenes
Once I had finished through the beginning of the sequence I had to work on placing together the scenes we filmed at the park. This is another instance in where I had to cut down a lot. I had already cut down the scene of us at the swings to shorten the video. Now, I needed to add in the last few since in the order I wanted it to be in the final cut. I was once again disappointed with having to cut some of my favorite shots, but I'm just glad I could make it in the time frame. I also still managed to work a lot of these shots in with shorter snippets. We had planned to record more then necessary just in case, so it was to be kind of expected. My absolute favorite shot to edit was the shot of us on the swings. I used some visual blurring effects to kind of make the stalker look more ominous in the background. I think this really gave that creepy thriller vibe that we were going for. I also brainstormed with my friends a couple of ways to make the scene of me and my friend walking through the park with the stalker watching more creepy. I accomplished this through similar lighting and blurring effects.
One of the problems that we faced for editing involved transferring all of the videos over through messages. We found that they were either to large or were getting distorted through the texts. I worked around this by having my group member add them to a shared google drive. This also gave me a way to swiftly sort through them in a more organized manner. In comparison beforehand, I was having to sort through a text conversation and manually save each one. I also found that by using the google drive we were able to preserve the quality of the original videos. I think that this quality really transferred over well to the final sequence. It also gave me an easier time whilst editing, since I was able to more easily apply effects.
Comments
Post a Comment