Final Task Editing Blog: Final Touches

     Today I wanted to add some final touches to the video. This included adding in some last minute effects and audio. I worked with my other group member to pick out audios. I found it to be really difficult timing up the audios with the video. The sounds included basic effects like walking, quick movements, or breathing. Other then that there were certain music effects like sharp violins to make a situation more tense or scary. We also found some copyright free music to put in the background so that it wouldn't seem empty or silent. We originally planned to do the song 'One Way or Another' and emailed the owners of the song, but they never got back to us. Adding the audio really brought it together and made it seem more congruent. The audio that I found to be the most difficult was the alarm sound effect. I had to time it up with the way the scenes appeared. I think that the audio that we chose for it really gave it a creepy vibe after the chase scene. Certain sound effects during the chase scene as well really heightened the tension again.

    I also went back through and adjusted the order in which the title cards appeared. Since I put them out of order, I had to go back and fix that. This meant I had to tweak around the masks a bit so that it fit better. I also added another mask over another one of the title cards. I did this because I really thought it would complete the scene a lot more. I found this masking effect to be a lot more difficult though because of the lighting. The scene was dark outside and blended into my friends hair a lot. This made it hard for the automated masking system to pick up.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Video

Commercial Blog