Final Task Editing Blog: Beginning
Before editing I compiled all the times on the clips together to see how long it would be in total. With no cuts, it was way over 2 minutes. This meant that I definitely would need to change some scenes around or rework the storyboard. I decided that the best way to go about this would to be to place the scenes in order like normal and then go and cut out what wasn't needed. I figured this would be best because then I could see how it would look with certain scenes gone. I needed to make sure that it would still look natural and put together once cut. A large part that I cut was most of the dialogue from the library. I was kind of upset about it since we spent so long recording, but it needed to be done. That scene took up majority of the time and was just not essential to the plot. I also found that we had recorded a lot of walking and transition scenes. I found this to be another good place to start cutting, because not all of them would have been important for the audience to understand what was going on. Even after removing those scenes though, it was still slightly over the time limit. I found that certain scenes could be sped up a little and it wasn't very noticeable. I also trimmed the beginning and the end of a couple of scenes. An example of this would be the scene on the swings and the scene of me walking in front of the library.
Once I had completed a good portion, I consulted with my group members to make sure that everything from the start of the sequence that I had mostly finished up was okay. I made a mental note on where and when I wanted what titles cards to appear as well. I found one of the more challenging parts of today being choosing what scenes I wanted. Sorting through all of the videos was difficult, because many clips were either very similar or completely different. Overall, I think I got a good start on the video.
Comments
Post a Comment