Final Task Production Blog: Getting Started


    
Before filming, I confirmed with my group members where and when we would be filming. I communicated with them what time they would get to my house so that we would have the correct lighting for certain scenes. This also helped us to determine what order we would film the scenes in. Scenes filmed at the park and walking home would need to be at a later time, and the scenes at my house would have to be earlier in the afternoon. I also worked to pick my costume before we began filming. I went with this tank top with hearts on it. My idea was that the hearts would help to symbolize the character's personality and make her appear more sweet or innocent. I also picked out a pair of shorts for the finished costume. I did this because I knew we would have a scene where I fall on the floor, and I didn't want to risk ruining a pair of pants. I also thought that shorts would be easier to run in and would look less awkward compared to my jeans.

    Our group had to meet up pretty late at around 5 pm. This meant that we had limited time to shoot the scenes that were supposed to be in the daylight. As soon as the group was together, we walked out to film the scenes outside the house. As we began filming we realized we forgot one of the props we needed, meaning that our limited time was now even shorter. I decided with one of my group members to have her sleepover so that we could wrap up filming in the morning.
   
    The scenes we had to shoot today in the dark weren't an issue though. We found that while shooting having another person hold up a flashlight for lighting added more depth to our scenes. While we were trying to film at the park though we saw that it was pretty busy as there was a couple kids and a large group of men playing volleyball, so we had to take that into consideration when filming our scenes. We overcame this through getting creative with finding spots in the park that would block out sounds the most. We ended up finding a path that matched up to our storyboard very well, so even with the problems we faced it all worked out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Video

Commercial Blog