Music Video Production Blog - Outside Filming


We filmed the outside scenes we needed today in my car and in a Starbucks nearby to us. Arguing in the car with my friend was a very important shot that we needed because it added a lot more tension in the music video. I knew that for this clip I wanted to cross cut it between the scene of the two characters walking together. This meant that we had to keep the camera very still to ensure that the cross cutting wouldn’t look messy. Acting in the scene I found to be a little difficult. Staying in character and making sure my emotions looked realistic for the scene was harder than I thought it would be. After refilming it a couple of times we got the necessary shots. I actually suggested that we put on intense music while we pretended to argue, which funnily enough made it a lot more convincing of a scene. We also filmed some happy scenes together, such as him holding the door so she can get in the car. For these scenes I made sure to change my outfit to continue on the idea that the music video is a mesh of different days of the couple together. The shots we took at the Starbucks I found to be my favorite to record. This is because I really like the way they turned out and I think the two scenes we recorded there blend really seamlessly with each other. We recorded a medium shot of me and my group member pretending to be on a lunch date with each other. It wasn’t that difficult to record this part because all I really had to do was talk with her so that the conversation would seem realistic on camera. I even ordered a drink which we used as a prop to add more action to the scene. After we were sure that we got the perfect take, I changed outfits into the grey hoodie that the boyfriend wears in the previous scene. We also wanted the makeup to be very dramatic like we had previously done with the other sad scenes. We kept the mascara running down my face to make it look like I had really just cried and added a bit of eyeliner in my waterline so that it looks intense. For the scene itself we wanted to separate it a bit more from the previous ones, so we lowered the blinds in the Starbucks to have this dark shadow cascading on me. I pretended to cry and wipe my tears to really set apart the acting in the two scenes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Video

Commercial Blog