Music Video Production Blog - Finishing Editing
Today was our last day editing. I began by discussing with my group partner on what we needed to accomplish. The two of us made a list before I got to work. I started off editing by creating some drafts of what our final shots would be in the music video. The first idea and what we originally planned to do was to do a cross cutting shot between a shot of me crying and a shot of me smiling. This was done to try and leave the music video off on more of a happy note. I found that this ending did not look as nice as we originally thought it was going to. This made me pivot to the other idea we had. The shot where the painting of him was being scribbled out would be our conclusion and would end with scribbles covering the entire screen. I knew that this was going to be the perfect way to close it up. It took me a while to figure out how to get the scribble transition to wrap up the music video. Part of the reason I struggled with this was because the audio clip we had chosen for the music video was slightly to short by a couple of seconds. The editing program I was using did not let me change the audio on that specific project, so I ended up just saving what I had created and importing it on a new video. Eventually I found a way to give the effect that the scribbles were being slowly drawn on the frame and the group and I were satisfied with how it looked. I'm definitely glad that we extended the time of the song because it really made the music video close out in a fulfilling way. Today we also needed to blur out the face of the main guy character in the music video so that it would match our original story board idea. I spent a while trying to figure out how to mask out the face on the video, and did learn how to create the blur effect. Once I had finished, though, the app ended up crashing and wouldn't let me save. So instead of completing that on Videostar I had given my group member the video I had put together so that she could blur out the face instead. I think that it still worked out though, because the two of us were able to collaborate on it and finish up with a music video that we are all really proud of.

Comments
Post a Comment