Music Video Production Blog - Editing the clips together
Once we wrapped up filming, me and my group member Rafidah began our work on editing the videos. Today, that mostly consisted of just finding the right placement of the scenes. We both created our own concept of what we thought it should look like on our own to see which one we liked better and what ideas we wanted to incorporate.
To create my editing draft of the music video I used the app Videostar to complete it. I chose this app because it is what I am most familiar with. I have used this app before on previous projects so splicing the clips together on it was not hard for me. I started off the music video by showing the shots of the calendar with the heart on it to a shot of me tearing it up. I also used a cross cutting technique between the shot of the calendar being torn up and the shot of us dancing. I did this by keeping track of the beats in the song so that when the clip switches it coincided with the cue of the music. One of my main worries about editing the music video was that it would be either to long or to short. Once I started to import the clips in order though I realized that we really had the perfect length for it. Either way, if a clip was to long I just condensed it so that it would keep a good flow in the music video. I also found that a lot of the clips matched up in a way that allowed me to create really cool transitions between scenes. When I was cross cutting between the clip of us arguing I found that placing it with the scene of us walking created an effect where our heads lined up when switching between the scenes. I think by trying to continue that seamless cross cutting effect it made the music video look a lot more visually appealing.
Once I had finished up my rough draft of what order I thought the scenes should be in I confided in my group members do create some finishing touches on the layout. Specifically, me and my group member Rafidah talked about what the best order of scenes should be that created the most intense atmosphere in the music video. We did this by comparing our two rough drafts and discussing what we liked and disliked. One thing that we both decided needed to be revised was the ending. After communicating with the rest of our group we have come up with a few ideas to change it up once we finish editing.

Comments
Post a Comment