Music Video CCR

 1. One thing that I researched a lot when it came to the music video was the differences in stylistic choices between love music videos and break up ones. This consisted of warm colors, smoother transitions, and close ups for the scenes of the happy couples. For the sad scenes there was a lot of abrupt jump cuts, shorter shot lengths, and more desaturated tones. Our groups music video did follow these conventions pretty closely to try and convey the stark differences between the two types of scenes. I would say that the music video is more geared towards teens going through a break up. We wanted the music video to reflect the theme of heartbreak throughout the whole film. We tried to attract an audience that would relate to the emotional tone we created in the video.

2. The jump cuts I created between the shots of the couple being happy and being separated helps to engage the audiences attention. I also blurred the faces of the boyfriend in the music video in the editing program to set our music video apart and also focus more attention on our other characters feelings. I also think that this will help the audience to be able to place themselves in her shoes. I also used an editing technique at the end of the music video where it ends with the screen being dramatically scribbled out. I think that this created a smoother way to end the video and leave the audience off in an engaging way. The POV shot of her scribbling out the portrait as well will really help the audience to further identify themselves with the character. I think if we were to get this music video out we would mostly show it on platforms with a lot of young teens. Youtube or Tiktok would be our main ways to advertise it. Since the song is already so popular on those platforms it would be easier to garner attention on there.

3. This music video has helped me to improve in almost all aspects of filmmaking. Since this music video was so much longer then my past commercial I was really able to get into the aspects of using different angles. For example, using different close up shots or POV shots and how they can shift the tone of a video. I also really think my communication skills with my group have improved a lot. Since this music video was a lot more complex then what we were used to, we really had to work together to accomplish what we wanted with the final product. Especially when it came to the editing as well. I discovered that my original app, VideoStar, might not be the best for these longer projects and now know for the future to use something else. I also learned a lot about how editing can look when you split the work between two people and the communication it requires for it to all look fluid. But overall, I really did enjoy editing in this project and hope to keep with that role in my future ones.

4. To edit the music video I used the app VideoStar. I discovered a lot of knew ways to use the app that I hadn't known before, like how I created that scribble effect at the end of the music video. I also learned how to create the cross cutting effect that was in our music video. It also allowed me to tweak with some of the filters and lighting in the video to further establish the somber tone that we wanted. Our group also used the app CapCut to blur out the face of the boyfriend character.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Video

Commercial Blog