Music Video Production Blog - Preparation
Today I prepped to film with my group members. I started out by helping to think of what key props we needed for certain scenes. One of the most important pieces was a painting of the boy character in our music video. My group member supplied the canvas and I used my paints to create the picture of him. I think this will make the scene feel more personal and create a more emotional tone considering that I painted it myself. I knew it was very important to the tone of our music video for us to include props to make it feel more real. Another important prop I provided was the calendar that our character will rip up. We also gathered other items to add realism to the scenes such as a stuffed animal, a cup of water, and a phone. Deciding on the wardrobe was also very essential to our music video. I took time to go through my wardrobe to find colors in my clothes that correlate best to what was happening in the storyline. We chose light and more feminine colors to represent the happy parts of the characters relationship. Dark colors, on the other hand, symbolized the sad or tense parts of the relationship. I also decided that for some of the sad scenes the character would wear her ex boyfriends hoodie. The makeup for the role would also be very important, so during her sad scenes I chose to create a look that made it look like the character would have mascara running down her face. We also took the time to assign group roles so that everyone has a clear purpose during production. I took on the role of acting as the girl character in our music video. I think this will work out well because I am very comfortable performing in front of a camera. I will also be the editor for the music video once we finish recording. This will be best for the group since I am very experienced and familiar with using editing platforms. Lastly, we discussed locations and I offered for us to film the scenes over at my house and in my car.

Comments
Post a Comment