Music Video Production Blog - Filming inside


 We chose to film our inside locations in my house. This was so that we could have control over the lighting, timing, and atmosphere of the shots. I did my makeup for the scenes where the character is more happy to be lighter with lots of pink tones, representing how in love she is. Our group filmed all of these happy scenes first since I would have to mess up this makeup later. The calendar that I brought we used to create a shot of me ripping it up. I think that it helps to create that intense and dramatic mood that we are going for. I acted in all of these scenes as our main character as well, which gave me some control over what outfits would look best depending on the scenes. A lot of these scenes I would try and just talk to my other group members to make it seem more natural when we were recording. Though this sometimes made it hard for me to try and stay in character and not laugh. During the scene of my friend pushing me on the tire swing, I distracted myself from the camera by just talking to her like usual. I think that this made a lot of our recording look less forced and more sweet. A lot of these scenes I also had to spend time making sure that the camera would be in the same exact shot for when we would film the next sad counterpart of it. This is especially important for when we do the cross cutting between the couples sad parts and their happy parts. An example of this is when I had to find a spot for the camera when I’m getting ready at the vanity for one of the shots. I also angled the camera in a certain way so that you could see my face through a smaller mirror on the vanity. Today we wrapped up the happy scenes in my backyard. One of my favorite scenes to film was when I am dancing in the backyard with a flower in my hair. I think that the ambience of the scene will make the music video feel very alive. We also finished filming the painting scenes outside which was actually a lot harder then I thought it would be. I had to position myself in a way that would capture over my shoulder and also get my other group member in the frame. Overall, I think filming inside today was very productive and we learned a lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Video

Commercial Blog