Production Blog - Editing it all

     Today I did all of the editing for our group commercial project. The first scene in our commercial was of someone placing down the cup and us zooming in and doing a close up on it. I always planned to add the text "are you feeling thirsty?" over it because I was inspired by another drink commercial. I started the video off by timing the text to appear with the beat of the song. I made it look like the text was on the cup of the drink. I then used the shot of my partner picking up the drink. I made a collage effect with other refreshers over the drink. I also did my best to time this up to the beat of the song. I think that that part will make the commercial look really unique. I also added in some random filler shots of just us showing off our refreshers. I did my best to show off the logo on the refresher cup for the ads. I played around with the audio in some parts to make it fit better in the commercial. I did this by speeding up certain parts and also putting more of the instrumentals. I tried to do this as seamless as possible so that it wasn't to noticeable in the commercial. The shot of my partner and I clinking our refreshers together I added little stickers popping out of it to make it look more cute. With some of the scenes I also changed up the color grading a little to give off that summer refresher aesthetic. My favorite scene personally is the ending where my partner and I walk off with the two refreshers in front of us. I edited this scene to make it so that the Dunkin' logo appears behind us as we walk away. I am really pleased with how it turned out as I feel like it matches our vision in the storyboard pretty well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Video

Commercial Blog