CCR

1. How does your product use or challenge conventions AND how does it represent social groups or issues?

We followed our conventions as we took some inspiration from different drink ads. We definitely kept with the summer aesthetic themes that we saw throughout the different ads. A lot of Dunkin' commercials have tracking shots and close ups. We used tracking shots to follow the refreshers during clips in the commercial. We used our close ups to show off the different drinks, often keeping the Dunkin' logo in the center of the frame. These techniques are used with actual Dunkin' commercials where we drew our inspiration from. I'd say that our commercial is geared towards teens or a younger audience. This is done through our usage of bright colors and trendy music.

2. How does your product engage with audiences AND how would it be distributed as a real media text? 

Our commercial captivates peoples attention with our catchy editing and bright colors. We match our clips to the beat of our song in the background. I think by using creative editing techniques we make our commercial unique and would make people stay and watch. I think we would get our commercial out to our audience through social media. The song we chose in the background is from a trending artist so I think that would be better to push our social media engagement. I also think that we could display the ad on different streaming services. Both ways will allow our ad to be seen by our intended audience.

3. How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

This project has really helped me to see how editing really affects different scenes. The process of putting different scenes together and adding my own creative touches showed me a lot about the editing process in films. I feel like I really learned a lot about the creativity behind editing as well when I was making it. I loved being able to learn about different techniques to get the desired effect I wanted for the commercial. In turn I think this helped us to create a commercial similar to our inspiration. One scene that really stuck out to me when editing was the scene at the end of us walking away and the Dunkin' logo appearing behind us. The techniques that this project taught me with editing really helped to create the effect of it appearing behind us.

4. How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?

We filmed on my group partners Samsung 25 for most of the scenes. The scenes were transferred to me over text for editing. We did most of the close ups through this phone. Sending the videos over text also allowed for me to edit them quicker and more efficiently because I could save them automatically to my phone. The editing software that I put them together on was VideoStar. We used this software to perfect our tracking movements and add in things like the text and logo. This software also let us add in different transitions to make our commercial unique. I also think that this software allowed for us to have more creative freedom with our editing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Video

Commercial Blog