Commercial Production Blog - Getting Started

On Sunday the 28th, I supplied my group with the props to begin filming our commercial. We had originally planned to start filming but that didn't happen yet. Despite the delay, I still made sure to pick up the refreshers we planned to use in the commercial. I wanted to be fully prepared for when we do begin filming. I also took time today to go through my wardrobe and see what outfits might work for our concept. I was focused on finding pieces that matched the bright summer aesthetic we had talked about. I tried on a few combinations to see which ones looked best on camera. My group partner did the same thing on her end. We both agreed that it's important for the wardrobe to reflect the tone of the commercial. After that, we went to the location we had chosen to use as our setting. We set up the area based on what we had outlined in our storyboard. We double checked that the setting would line up with the angles and lighting that we wanted to use. It was important to us that the visuals of the commercial matched the mood we wanted to go for. We also brought out the props and arranged them to look naturals within the setting. This included placing the refreshers, background items, and any decor we might need. My group partner and I sued the rest of the day to go over our editing plans. We talked a little more about what kind of cuts and transitions we want to use. We also discussed the type of music and sound effects that would work best. We decided that I will take the lead on editing the actual video. We agreed this makes the most sense since I have more experience with video editing. I'm looking forward to getting started once we wrap filming.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Video

Commercial Blog